Monday, April 8, 2013

April 9, 2013 Be Wise

Read Proverbs 9 Be Wise Proverbs 9:10-12 “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. 11 For through me your days will be many, and years will be added to your life. 12 If you are wise, your wisdom will reward you; if you are a mocker, you alone will suffer.” THE FORMULA for good living is pretty simple, isn’t it? When I talk to people who are struggling in life, it very often comes to this reason for their struggles: they have made some very unwise decisions in their lives. I know from personal experience, certainly, that when I’ve found life difficult to deal with, I had to recognize the difficulty came from my foolish decisions. When I realized I could admit to my errors and listen to good counsel, my life began to improve. My difficult days have greatly diminished. What’s happening in your life? Are you caught up in some drama, some financial issues, some circumstance threatening to spin your life out of control? Do you feel even God is against you? Here, then, is a good thing to do. Say to yourself, “I need God’s wisdom.” Yes, you do. You need God’s wisdom. Here’s why. Wisdom from God brings your mind to the place you know God has total control of your life. His control includes your eternal destination. When you know in your heart that he has that power, then you will turn your heart to listen to his wisdom. You will know his wisdom leads you the right way—always. God has birthed you. Your life is his. Give up your own thoughts. Turn to God’s thoughts. When do, your difficult days will greatly diminish, too. It’s True! The sovereign God is wise in all ways. Listen to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment