Tuesday, September 16, 2014

September 16, 2014 Glory Came



Glory Came

Matthew 17:4-6 Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you wish, I will put up three shelters — one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah.” 5 While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!”  

THE Bible tells us of many moments when heaven came to earth. From the creation, to Noah, Abraham, Moses, the Prophets and now Jesus, the power of heaven came to earth as the Holy God displayed his glory.
     In all of these occasions when “glory came down” God spoke to his chosen servants. He displayed his rule over earth as he instructed people to obey his words. He is the same here.
     “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!” spoke the Father from heaven. “Listen to Jesus. Understand he speaks the truth. Know he has a mission to complete. Obey his commands, even when they seem impossible to accomplish. Yes, listen, Peter, James and John, and you will learn what your purpose is. You will come closer to Jesus when you listen to him. Then you will be closer to me. And one day you will be with Moses, Elijah and all the others. One day you will be with me.”
     Amid the extraordinary appearance of the obedient Moses and Elijah with their Lord, the awestruck disciples heard God’s voice command obedience to Jesus. “Listen to him.” leaves no options.
     Peter wanted to stay there. But very quickly Jesus would take his disciples from the mount to Jerusalem, where they would see God’s glory in a very different way.

LIFE Link: the glory of obedience

No comments:

Post a Comment