Thursday, July 10, 2014

July 11, 2014 Acknowledge



Acknowledge

Matthew 10:32-33 “Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.”

JESUS is God, and he is, of course, very intentional to reveal himself to us his creation. As the Holy Spirit reveals to us that Jesus is Lord, we benefit eternally from God’s grace to acknowledge his creation. In response, we are to acknowledge Jesus to the world.
     Revealing Jesus before men must be our lifestyle. We acknowledge his Lordship when we attend his church, serve his people, speak of him to our friends, pray to him and obey him. You stand for him when people speak against him. You mark your words as if he is alongside you (as he is). You treat others as you would care for yourself. You give willingly to help his Gospel move through your community and the world. In these actions you are revealing Jesus as true Lord of your life.
     Jesus instructs us to “Go home to your family and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you.” (Mark 5:19). And Jesus prayed in John 17:23 “May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.”
     In other words, Jesus asked the Fatter that we be unified as one with the Son. In such a relationship we will acknowledge Jesus not because of a legalized system of “have to’s” but because of our intimate love relationship with him.  
     I pray you see this incredible privilege God has offered to you and in response you are willing to always acknowledge Jesus as your Lord and Savior.

LIFE Link: Acknowledge Jesus.  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment