Friday, July 11, 2014

July 12, 2014 Be at Peace



Be at Peace

Matthew 10:34-38 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn “a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’ 37 “Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38 and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.”

MANY Bible teachings are labeled “hard sayings”. This is one. Such direct teaching could cause one to say, “I want no part of such a God as this. I simply want peace in my life. I just want to be happy.”
     As we awaken each day to a world imprisoned in the conflicts of good and evil, light and darkness, we know there is no peace and true happiness unless something changes. Jesus has come into the conflict to say that he is the change.
     The thing is, change always brings conflict, doesn’t it? The Gospel is a catalyst of conflict because it changes death in sin to life in salvation. Wherever it is lived and spoken, the Gospel causes conflict. Unbelievers mock and envy the believer’s peace. Conflict is a certainty in our lives as the Kingdom of God co-exists with the Kingdom of the World.
     “Peace to men” (Luke 2:14) comes only to Jesus’ disciples on “whom his favor rests” (Luke 2:14). Pray to the Holy Spirit to ease any conflict you have with the Savior. Pray the Spirit brings the Savior’s favor to your family.

LIFE Link: True peace requires conflict.

No comments:

Post a Comment