Friday, August 20, 2010

August 21, 2010 Special Delivery

August 21, 2010
Special Delivery
Read Malachi 3-4

Malachi 3:1 See, I will send my messenger, who will prepare the way before me. Then suddenly the Lord you are seeking will come to his temple; the messenger of the covenant, whom you desire, will come,” says the LORD Almighty.

DON’T YOU love good news? When I have something really wonderful to tell someone, I’m bursting to get it out. And I’ll give the message to anyone whom I see. It’s fun to tell people wonderful news, isn’t it?

“Malachi” means “messenger”. It is appropriate he prophecies about two more messengers who are to come. “My messenger who will prepare the way before me” is a prophecy regarding John the Baptist. And “the Lord who you are seeking, the messenger of the covenant” is Jesus Christ. Jesus will deliver God’s wonderful message of salvation in person! (I’ll bet Jesus was bursting to tell the Good News for years before his ministry began.)

Now, whose turn is it? It’s yours and mine isn’t it? Because we know the Good, Wonderful News, the responsibility, the great privilege, and the joy of delivering the message is ours. We get to be messenger of the Gospel of salvation! Think about that amazing opportunity. God has given us the Holy Scripture to know the message. God has given to us the Holy Spirit to give us joy to tell his message. We have been given the opportunity to go and make disciples with the Good News!

Are you bursting with the wonderful news?

No comments:

Post a Comment