Sunday, June 15, 2014

June 16, 2014 Solitude



Solitude

Matthew 8:23 Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him.

SOME of the best days of my walk with Jesus have come when I’ve had the opportunity to sit under the teaching of a pastor to learn God’s Word. There was a time when several of us men would meet with our pastor on Saturday morning, and he would lead us on a walk through Scripture. I loved those 60-90 minutes each Saturday. Nowhere in my mind was a thought of being a pastor that I would lead others someday to learn of the Bible.
     As scripture records Jesus leaving the crowds to go with his disciples, my point is this: a teacher must spend special solitude time with his students. If my pastor 25 years ago had been busy seeking to be with “crowds” focusing only on Sunday morning preaching to filled pews, I would have missed out on a greater knowledge of the Bible and on a loving fellowship with other men. I also would have missed Jesus. So I thank God for stirring my heart to his Word, and I thank God for a pastor willing to be in solitude with a group of men. God was watering the seed of His Word in my heart.
     That was Jesus’ method, wasn’t it? The crowds were adoring him for his healings. They were claiming they would become his disciples. They were excited for the power of God come into their midst. But Jesus had someone else in mind. He had you in mind. Yes, he did.
     Just as a pastor has taught me and now I teach you, Jesus taught his disciples to move the Gospel into the church, into the world and into your heart.

LIFE Link: Spend time meeting Jesus then introduce him to the next generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment