Wednesday, June 4, 2014

June 5, 2014 Be True



Be True

Matthew 7:21-23 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’”

BE true to Jesus. Don’t go to church, pray and say, “Yes.” to the question, “Do you confess Jesus as your Lord and Savior.” if you’re unwilling to do the will of the Father who is in heaven.
     Refrain from prophesying – teaching – any words from the Bible if you want to look good or please the pastor. Stop telling God what you want done. Instead, go to do what he points you to do. Be true to Jesus, the Savior of the world.
     Be true because hypocrisy was high on Jesus’ reform list. Hear his condemnation of the “word-only” Pharisees: “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are.” (Matthew 23:15)
     My friends, that’s the wrath of God rebuking the sin of faithless, fruitless and useless words. If you call Jesus your Lord, you must speak it only if you are willing to live into his will.
     I know. You’re asking, “What’s God’s will for my life?” Read the Bible, and it will be clear to you. Among other things, you will read that his will is for you to be truly faithful to him through your words and actions.

LIFE Link: “Yes, Lord.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment