Saturday, June 7, 2014

June 8, 2014 Our Willing Jesus



Our Willing Jesus

Matthew 8:2 A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said, “Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.” 3 Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” Immediately he was cured of his leprosy. 4 Then Jesus said to him, “See that you don't tell anyone. But go, show yourself to the priest and offer the gift Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.”

WE all know people who live in isolation and pain as they live with chronic physical, mental or emotional disabilities. Many of them (you?) have most certainly prayed to Jesus, as the leper in this story, “Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.”
     Why, then, has Jesus not healed the chronically ill and disabled, the ones filled with cancer or victims of an accident? He was willing to heal the leper that day. Isn’t he willing to heal you? Why did the leper and many others who came to Jesus receive his healing? Why do we hear stories of Jesus healing people today, but many remain imprisoned in disease?
     I don’t know. But I will share with you how I respond to God’s silence when I pray, “If you are willing, cleanse my eyes to see again, Jesus.” Then I pray, “Thank you, Jesus, for all you have given to me. Especially, Lord, I thank you that you have healed my disease of sin forever. You are willing to welcome me into your heavenly home. I’d love to see 20-20, Jesus, but if it is your will to keep me blind, I pray this disease is a testimony to your grace to save and care for your people amid sin’s brokenness. In your name, I pray, Amen.

LIFE Link: Jesus is willing to care for you eternally.

No comments:

Post a Comment