Wednesday, August 20, 2014

August 21, 2014 Really Jesus



Really Jesus

Matthew 14:26 When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It's a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear.

ONE of those disciples in that boat that day was John. He wrote a “Good News” book, too about Jesus. In his Gospel, John records seven ways Jesus identified himself.

John 6:35 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.” 

John 8:12 “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” 

John 10:7 Therefore Jesus said again, “I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep.” 

John 10:11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.” 

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies.”

John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

John 15:1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.”

Now, what do you say about Jesus? Is he a ghost, untouchable, unreachable in your life? Or can you grab hold of him and trust he is real for your life? If someone asks you, “Is Jesus real?” how would you answer? Knowing how Jesus describes himself in the “I am” statements, would you quickly answer the question by faithfully saying, “Jesus is life.”  
     That’s what John and Matthew would come to know as he experienced Jesus pouring his life into them. They wrote their Good News accents to help you to really know Jesus.

LIFE Link: Jesus builds real lives.




No comments:

Post a Comment