Wednesday, August 27, 2014

August 28, 2014 Made In Heaven



Made in Heaven

Matthew 15:7-9 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you: 8 “These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. 9 They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.”

WE want to know where our clothes, our car and our food are made. We look for the label stamped, “Made in America”. Do we, though, want to know who stamps out the rules by which we live? Think about it. Whose rules guide your decisions? How do you choose one way or another? What resources are fundamental to your decisions?
     Recently I was reading on a social media site a varied and somewhat anxious debate over an issue. One person explained his forceful words with, “I give back what I get.” Apparently, if someone “gave” him harsh words, he would speak harshly in return.
     I’d like to ask him, “Where do you get your rules?” But I already know the answer. He gets his rules from man’s desire for revenge. Rules of strength in force, power in harshness, and superiority through threats are man’s rules stamped into his life. These rules deliver strife and restrict life because he obeys the culture’s teaching, “Don’t get mad. Get even.”
     I wonder what would happen if he lived by Jesus’ rule from Matthew 6:14 “For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.” Or what peace would he have if his life was stamped with Matthew 5:44 “Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.”  And what would have happened to the Pharisees if they had let go of their rules? Do you think they would have found the Ruler of the Kingdom of God?

LIFE Link: Live in the rules stamped, “Made in Heaven”.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment